Have you ever had a hot toddy? It’s the best. drink. ever. If you’re sick (or not), a hot toddy will make you feel better. Guaranteed.
But what if you’re fixing yourself a throat-soothing, tummy settling, mood settling adult beverage and a little voice says, “Can I have some?”
Elli to the rescue! This is basically a virgin toddy and I fix it for my children all the time. Anytime something is wrong, they ask for this “lemon tea” and if one child gets some, of course they all want some.
I took a few photos when I made these for certain undisciplined celiacs who had angry stomachs this weekend. Hope you all enjoy this cozy beverage.
Kid’s Tummy Toddy
For each drink you’ll need:
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1 tsp raw, local honey
- 1 slice lemon
- Kettle of water
- Boil water (So far so good!)
- Slice ginger and prepare cups & ingredients. Slice your lemon. You can scoop your honey onto spoons but don’t put it in the cups yet.
- Once water has boiled, pour over ginger and steep for at leastfive minutes.
- Add honey (My kids feel cool when they get the whole spoon so they can stir, it’s the simple things.) Adding honey after the water has cooled prevents you from scalding all those micro-goodies away.
- Shimmy that lemon wedge on to the rim of the mug and wah-lah! A kiddie cocktail that will help curb any ailment you’ve got!